Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

nph-index.cgi does not run

Quote Reply
nph-index.cgi does not run
Installed Beta 3, and now the index does not seem to run...

Also- maybe wishful thinking- but is ther any way to build this index "staggered"?

dave

Quote Reply
Re: nph-index.cgi does not run In reply to
I'm sort of having this trouble too... but it seems to be a generalized DNS problem, since when I entered by servers IP, it ran fine.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
pugdog:

so- do it by the numbers? (Sorry, a bit punchy!)

dave

Quote Reply
Cute :)

It's working today. There must have been a bad DNS update or router table last night -- I'm finding that happening more and more actually. Patience... and it is usually corrected.

Usually I have the most problems 12 midnight EST +/- 15 minutes lasting for 5 minutes to 1 hour. On the weekends it's sometimes delayed (hence 1am) and can last longer.

What is the real reason? I have no idea.

PUGDOGŪ

Quote Reply
Pugdog:

OK, will give it a shot today...

Weird that a bad DNS wouyld effect ONE page and not the others...

dave

Quote Reply
Technically it's not one page. Most likely the other pages were "cached" and you made the new request for that, and the browser couldn't resolve the IP, even though it "knew" it from the other pages.

I was able to reload the scripts, even visit my site... but I had not run the nph-index.cgi script before (in the past 12 hours) so it wasn't cached in any way.

The only reason I say this, is that I hit the same problems, repeatably, every night. The first few months it was extremly frustrating, since the pattern was more variable, and I couldn't sense it. Now, I just take a break and come back, it's all ok within the hour. But this 12 midnight to 1am window seems to be much more consistent in the past 2-3 months.

Everything is working for me this morning. As if nothing had been wrong in the first place.

PUGDOGŪ

Quote Reply
Hello
I use the nph-index.cgi of beta2 version an it works

Quote Reply
When I try to rebuild the index using BETA3 it says that the server closed the connection.

Also staggered build gets to page 4 and then keeps refreshing the same page (sticks at page 4)

Also...I can browse through all my Links using MySQLman but when I perform a search it says "No Results Found"

Please help!

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Pugdog:

Well, I tried by the nbumbers, tried a clean install... I keep getting a page not found error....

gonna try telnet!

dave

Quote Reply
Pugdog:

Hmmmm... tenet seems to have problems with: print $IN->header ( -nph => $CFG->{nph_headers} );

Get an error that it needs the explicit Package Name.

I added
use lib '/home/path/to/cgi-bin/admin';

but that did not cut the mustard.

Using the IP address, I had to put in the password to get to the directory, but it still gives me a file not found. (Yes, I have checked my spelling!)

dave

Quote Reply
OK....

I commented out the above line, and was able to run from telnet... (I know you were worried!)

Anyway, have a good one!

dave

Quote Reply
Hi,

This is a bug, change:

use Links qw/$IN $DB/;

to:

use Links qw/$IN $DB $CFG/;

Cheers,

Alex

--