Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

adds or mods for future beta's

Quote Reply
adds or mods for future beta's
Hi Alex!

I had a couple comments based on my playing with Alpha-7. Unfortunately, I am not techno-savvy enough to give code critiques, but I have a couple usability comments!

1) Took me a week to find where 'site_title' was changed (It is in global.txt, BTW) I think this would be better set in the setup procedure, or editable from the admin/setup screens.

2) I would REALLY LIKE the SQL Monitor from Links 1.13 brought back. It may be excess for a lot of people, but for me, it was extremely usefull to have direct access from the program environment. (And, I am pretty stupid, and do not know how to do the things I do through the Monitor any other way!)

OK, lame comments, but I wanted to throw those out! Good job so far, I really like it!

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: adds or mods for future beta's In reply to
SQL Monitor: That is what the MySQLMan is for!

You have the _full_ tools of that program, not a simple box to enter commands!

Check it out -- it's integrated in the Admin.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Pugdog:

Thanks! Still working on that learning curve on this new version.... there is a lot to take in. More like a new program than an upgrade!

D

Quote Reply
uh, it is a new program.... :)

Quote Reply
Hi Dave,

1. Good point, that will be helped with the documentation, we do have a "welcome to Links SQL" doc in the works that will walk you through what to do when you first install it. =)

2. See MysqlMan as pugdog said, it has an SQL monitor and more!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.