Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Failed To Find Matching Results

Quote Reply
Search Failed To Find Matching Results
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find any previous discussion on this.

Up until early this morning search.cgi yielded good results. Now when a search of any kind is submitted, I always get "Search Failed To Find Matching Results". All other scripts appear to be working normally and no changes have been made to the system. Rebooting the system doesn't have any effect. I have also ran a myisamchk and isamchk on the database and no errors were reported.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this? Thanks.

Russell Horn

Quote Reply
Re: Search Failed To Find Matching Results In reply to
Try doing a rebuild search and see if that fixes it. If it does, I'll do some more testing to see what could have caused that..

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Tried the "rebuild search" and even tried the "repair tables", but still getting no results on every search.

Russell Horn

Quote Reply
Do you have a WEIGHT in any of the fields for your search?? (In the Links table, and Category tables)?

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I changed the mode to non-indexed and now it is working. If I switch back to indexed mode, it fails again. I don't mind that except that I have never touched this setting before, so it is difficult to understand why it now makes a difference. Thanks.

Russell Horn