Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

500 Server Error - /admin/browser.cgi

Quote Reply
500 Server Error - /admin/browser.cgi
I changed my browser_link_list.html template so I could view another field in admin. The view came up ok but, now I get a '500' server error if I try to Move, Copy, Edit,....etc.

The error logs indicate:
Links SQL: $TPL was imported by Links, but is no longer used at /mysite/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Links.pm line 50.
Global symbol "$TPL" requires explicit package name at browser.cgi line 51.
Execution of browser.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.

I think what I did was copy browser_link_list.html from the default directory to the admin directory. Would this cause the problem?

If so, could someone post the admin/browser_link_list.html so I can fix.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
PLEASE post the /admin/browser_link_list.html In reply to
Could someone PLEASE post the /admin/browser_link_list.html file for Links 2.0.4?? Please!

I screwed up and need it.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: PLEASE post the /admin/browser_link_list.html In reply to
<tr><td><li><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><%Title%></font></td>
<td><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><a href="<%URL%>" target="_blank"><%URL%></a></font></td>
<td><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="1">

<%if isValidated eq 'No'%>
<%if CanValLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_validate_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Validate</a> | <%endif%>
<%endif%>
<%if hasChangeRequest%>
<%if CanValLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_validate_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>&update=1">Update</a> | <%endif%>
<%endif%>
<%if CanModLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_modify_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Edit</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanDelLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_del_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Delete</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanMoveLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_move_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Move</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanCopyLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="browser.cgi?action=link_copy_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Copy</a> | <%endif%>
<a href="browser.cgi?action=link_user_list&category_id=<%category_id%>&user=<%linkowner_esc%>">Owner</a> |
</td></tr>

Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply. But,........

That looks exactly like mine. I need the file from the /admin/templates/admin/ directory. I don't think that uses browser.cgi.

Am I wrong???

Thanks,
Clueless

Quote Reply
Try Gossamer Support.
I'm not using 2.0.4 now, just happened to have that file, (or what I thought was that file)

Quote Reply
I tried Gossamer Support yesterday afternnon, no response yet.
Thanks for the attempt though.

Clueless

Quote Reply
Hi,

That was from 2.0.3, in 2.0.4, browser.cgi is not used. Try:

In Reply To:
<tr><td><li><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><%Title%></font></td>
<td><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><a href="<%URL%>" target="_blank"><%URL%></a></font></td>
<td><font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="1">

<%if isValidated eq 'No'%>
<%if CanValLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_validate_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Validate</a> | <%endif%>
<%endif%>
<%if hasChangeRequest%>
<%if CanValLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_validate_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>&update=1">Update</a> | <%endif%>
<%endif%>
<%if CanModLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_modify_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Edit</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanDelLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_del_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Delete</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanMoveLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_move_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Move</a> | <%endif%>
<%if CanCopyLink eq 'Yes'%><a href="admin.cgi?action=link_copy_form&category_id=<%category_id%>&link_id=<%ID%>">Copy</a> | <%endif%>
<a href="admin.cgi?action=link_user_list&category_id=<%category_id%>&user=<%linkowner_esc%>">Owner</a> |
</td></tr>
Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

Thank You!