Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Chmodding on initial setup

Quote Reply
Chmodding on initial setup
On the initial setup, I assume there was a chmodding of directories/files going on. On the files created from the initial setup, I cannot change any of the files, because the directories/files created are not writeable.

Also,
where is the config file to change things like the Gossamer Threads, Inc. at the top of the files, in the old SQLversion it was in links.pm or in 2.0 version a .cfg file???

Can't never could do nothing till he whupped old couldn't till he could...
Quote Reply
Re: Chmodding on initial setup In reply to
To answer your second question:

It is under Build --> Templates --> Template Globals

Jian Liu
Indiana University Libraries
Quote Reply
Thanks, found the globals,

Ref the first question,
The reason I ask, is I cannot write to any directories or files created by the initial setup. Since I am writing to my base directory, the /images/ directory created by LinksNG is where all my other images will be placed also, except that I cannot write to it, or change the chmod; am getting the following error when trying to chmod:
550 /images/ operation not permitted
!Chmod failed. It may not be supported on remote site.

In effect, this has blocked all my directories and files from being wrote to, to either change the templates, upload images, etc...

Any suggestions????

Quote Reply
I am not sure. The problem never happened to me here. But it seems you could at least install it initially. If so, can you go to: Setup --> Buld Options and set the privileges there to 777?

Jian Liu
Indiana University Libraries
Quote Reply
Hi,

Did you do the install from the web or from telnet? What directory are you having a problem with, and what permissions did it get set to?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I did the install from the web, and the files are chmodded to 775, but it looks like I don't have ownership of the files. It effects all files and directories created by the setup... I will try to re-install from telnet and see what happens...

Quote Reply
Update...
I cannot re-install the program because permission is denied to overwrite the files. Also when I go in and manually try to delete the files, same thing??? Thats on all files and directories created by the install.cgi????