Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What do i backup and how do i go about backing up

Quote Reply
What do i backup and how do i go about backing up
Hi all,

Ok here is the situation, my site is up and running live, and i am using links sql as a database for yugioh cards so i have over 1700+ cards including text etc to add.

It took me a few hours to add just 30 listings and as i pay for my internet by the minute (no flat rate where i am)
I was wondering if i install cgi on my local computer and then install links sql on my computer what files would i need to download/backup from my live site, so i can do all my work offline and quicker.

I also wanted to note that i have also got a lot of custom globals created so i would need them downloaded aswell.

Also with the files i backup and download after doing all the listings what problems would i face reuploading to my current live site.

I look forward to any help.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Last edited by:

mekro: Oct 5, 2004, 1:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] What do i backup and how do i go about backing up In reply to
Hi,

I use Andys backup plugin which got me out of jail a while ago. Its a good insurance policy and the cost is outweighed by the potential saving (as you have already figured).

Hope that helps.

rgds
Kev

Cheers
KevM