Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Select categories for search

Quote Reply
Select categories for search
Hi,
I didn't see a post concerning what i'm asking for here and i think u could help me.
I want to do search in a particular "Category" of my LinksSQL but i don't know where i could set a parameter concerning this Directory.
Could u help me please.
i.e i want to do a search in a folder called 'PHOTO' and there is another folder called 'VIDEO', now i want that in clicking on VIDEOS, Links make all keywords in the folder "VIDEO" only and not anywhere else.

Hope u could help me

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [jokinator] Select categories for search In reply to
Hi,

To search by Category, you can use;

search.cgi?catid=xxx, where xxx is the ID number of the category you want to search (and its "sub categories")

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Select categories for search In reply to
SlyThanks,
i did yet find it yesterday and it worked.

C u next!
UnsureBut would u please tell me how is it possible to make PHP work on Links???
I cliked on PHP (/cgi-bin/page.php) but it showed me an internal error 500.
Please let me know if u had met this bug one time.Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [jokinator] Select categories for search In reply to
Hi,

No problem =)

Quote:
UnsureBut would u please tell me how is it possible to make PHP work on Links???
I cliked on PHP (/cgi-bin/page.php) but it showed me an internal error 500.
Please let me know if u had met this bug one time.Wink

Sounds like you set it up in your CGI-BIN, and not in a PHP enabled environment. For example, you probably need it in domain.com/somewhere/page.php, instead of domain.com/cgi-bin/something/page.php.

Basically, Perl is trying to read the PHP script as a "perl" one, thus the 500 Internal Server error =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Select categories for search In reply to
Wink It worked when i said "go in folder/page.php" so does it mean that i can insert php code in the page.php file??