Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution)

Quote Reply
DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution)
Hey there!!

Today, I Installed IIS v5.1 on WinXP + ActiveState Perl + MySQL and all is going well Smile... Until I tried to run the script and it presented me with the following:
Quote:
Error: Could not connect to database. Reason: DBI module not installed. You must install the perl database module DBI from: http://www.perl.com/...odules/by-module/DBI

And so... I go out hunnting for DBI... and I captured it... DBI-1.35. Now, I am faced with a new delimma: What the heck am I supposed to do with it?? There is no setup file... and the readme speaks gibirish and I don't know how to install this thing!! Pirate

Some one please help!

Haitham
Quote Reply
Re: [halkibsi] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi Haitham,

Have you installed PPM when installed A-Perl?
If Yes, can you run this app, then from its console prompt, type in: install DBI.

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [halkibsi] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Have a look at this post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=129526;#129526

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi tandat...
Whats PPM? I am a newbie to all of this Blush
What does PPM stand for (if anything)?
You guys talk about running these apps... but how?
There is no executable with them... so how do I run the console
(Im not sure I am using the right termanology for this)
Tongue

Haitham
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi Ivan,
That didn't help at all because I use a different Internet Server than he does. Frown
I am so sorry for not being good at this.

Haitham

Last edited by:

halkibsi: Mar 27, 2003, 1:54 AM
Quote Reply
Go to the command prompt, Start > Run > command - then when it loads up enter:

ppm install DBI

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 27, 2003, 1:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi Paul...

OK... I did exactly what you said... and a DOS-like window opened with
"Installing DBI" and it just stood there with no additional confirmation
that it was installed... I left it for like 5 minutes.

The DBI folder I downloaded... is it supposed to be in a certain directory
for this operation to succeed? Thanks in advance!

By the way... I saw your AdSQL site this morning... I truely like it and I am
thinking of purchaing it for my site!

Haitham
Post deleted by halkibsi In reply to
Quote Reply
Wait!! I ran it again and it started downloading a file of some sort and installed it! Shocked

And now it tells me
Quote:
Error: Database driver mysql is not installed. Available drivers: ExampleP,Proxy

Thats weird because I have MySQL installed and its on green light in the taskbar...
???? I am going Crazy

Haitham
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi Yogi...

You were right... I installed "ppm install DBD::mysql" the same way I installed "ppm install DBI"
How did you guys know this??? I want to know what else do I need to install if possible?

Quote:

Error: Could not connect to database. Reason: no reason given.

Unimpressed

Haitham
Quote Reply
Its working now! but its weird... I actually had to create the database using PhpMyAdmin for the program to install the tables...

OK... in the plugins page... its empty I don't get that list that I am supposed to get. Also are there any other installations that I should do similar to the DBI and DBD installations?

Thanks!

Haitham
Quote Reply
Quote:
I actually had to create the database using PhpMyAdmin for the program to install the tables...

That's normal practice =)

Quote:
OK... in the plugins page... its empty I don't get that list that I am supposed to get.

Which page?

Quote:
Also are there any other installations that I should do similar to the DBI and DBD installations?

No.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] DBI installation problem (i have searched and didn't find a solution) In reply to
Hi Paul,

I'm having a similar problem to this - you couldn't shed some light on this?

link to a post I made yesterday

regan.
Quote Reply
oh it is? I thought the program created everything by itself...
but what do I really know? Wink

On the top menu of the admin page you would see a link "Plugins"
When I enter that page it shows me the Plugin Manager, and below
it are two tables:

NO PLUGINS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED

NO PLUGINS ARE AVAILABLE TO BE INSTALLED (here I remember
it should show a list of available plugins I can download and install)

Thanks Paul and to everyone whom helped me out!! Smile

Haitham
Quote Reply
Quote:
(here I remember
it should show a list of available plugins I can download and install)

Nope, as the text on that page says, that page is for listing the plugins you have downloaded or installed. The list of plugins is under Plugins > Plugin Download