Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

big problem with validation email

Quote Reply
big problem with validation email
Got a big problem.

Suddenly now it seems like the validation emails for new users no longer are send out.

I have tried myself several times with a tested email address. When checking users the entered new username is in the database BUT I never recieve a validation email! IE a email with the validation code!!!

Nothing has changed since last time it worked! And options are checked for validation required before adding sites.

I really need help with this urgently! Please anyone???

Thank!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] big problem with validation email In reply to
May want to check your servers error log, as they could be getting lost along the way. ITs very rare for Links SQL to 'loose' emails due to coding, as the'die' statements should normally catch the problem.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] big problem with validation email In reply to
Thanks for your reply. And you where right in a way! Found the problem, it was that the email templates where missing! Once I put back all the *.txt templates it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] big problem with validation email In reply to
Weird...that should still report an error :-/ I may give this a go, and if needed, report a bug for this, as it seems quite a major problem (if somehow the email templates are removed), as in your case, where you don't know what the problem is! Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!