Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links.css -I can't find it or more likely it doesn't exist at my site

Quote Reply
Links.css -I can't find it or more likely it doesn't exist at my site
Hi

I have looked around the forum. My conclusion is that links.css did not make it into my set of Links SQL files. The build_css_url field contains the appropriate URL to where I wanted the links.css file to be - but it just isn't there. I add a new file to the location - links.css and re-built the site hoping it wold populate the file. However it still remains empty.

I am thinking now that this doesn't exist and instead the style effects need to be tackled within the individual templates - I hope not. I guess what I asking for is clarification and also a copy of the links.css file (if this is what drives the look) so I can add it to my site, and then use this to customise the appearance of the output from Links SQL.

Help welcomed. Thanks
Steve

Quote Reply
Re: [cuppa] Links.css -I can't find it or more likely it doesn't exist at my site In reply to
I think you'll find that the css is set in your globals - one of them should be called css. I think the easiest way to link to an external style sheet is to modify this global so that it contains
<link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/links.css" type="text/css">
Quote Reply
Re: [cuppa] Links.css -I can't find it or more likely it doesn't exist at my site In reply to
Hi

I change today my css. Go to build - template globals. Scroll down, it's in text area no.7

Hope this will help you.

Regards, Zoran
Quote Reply
Re: [Zoran] Links.css -I can't find it or more likely it doesn't exist at my site In reply to
Thanks Guys

1. I have found this in global templates
-------
sub {
# Displays the URL to the css file.
# Only useful for backwards compatibility.
return $Links::CFG->{build_root_url} . "/links.css";
}
--------

2. I understand what you mean by using this
--------
<link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/links.css" type="text/css">
--------

3. How to I bring the two together? :-(

Is this correct?

sub {
# Displays the URL to the css file.
# Only useful for backwards compatibility.
return $Links::CFG-><link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/links.css" type="text/css">
}

4. Is there an actual links.css file that comes with the Links SQL package - I would prefer to modify the standard stylesheet for Links SQL than create a brand new one. If there is one then it doesn't seem to be in existence where I would have expected it.

Can anyone direct me to where I could download a fresh copy of the standard links.css file for Links SQL or perhaps upload it as an attachment to your post.

One last question - which folder would I place it in?

Thanks
Steve
Quote Reply
OK Guys, I got my brain working and understand what you mean. I now have a global tag for the ccs sheet.

I am still wondering if there was ever a master style sheet for the default template of Links SQL? if so could someone please direct me to a copy or post here as an attachment?

Thanks again
Steve
Quote Reply
Hi,

This is what I have as the default for the css global - I think this is all the css that comes with Links SQL:

<style type="text/css">
.subcat_links {font-weight:normal; font-face:Arial MT,Arial,Helvetica; font-size:11; text-decoration:none;}
.g-head_links {font-color:white; font-face:Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica; font-size:12; text-decoration:none;}
.menu_links {font-weight:bold; font-face:Arial MT,Arial,Helvetica; font-size:10; text-decoration:none;}
.category_links {font-weight:bold; font-face:Arial MT,Arial,Helvetica; font-size:12; text-decoration:none;}
a:link {color:black; }
a:visited {color:black; }
a:hover {color:#33cc33; }
</style>