Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What's New Page Display Error

Quote Reply
What's New Page Display Error
On my whats new page I get the number of new links displayed but no links to the subpages! It's displayed as follows!
  • (36)
  • (20)

• I didn't modify the new.html so does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? When I build all, I see that it actually builds the subpages

Building Whats New Index ...
    Building Subpage: 2003-09-21 ... 20 links ok.
    Building Subpage: 2003-09-22 ... 2 36 links ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craven
    Quote Reply
    Re: [craven32] What's New Page Display Error In reply to
    I still can't figure this one out! It is still only displaying the number of new links but no links to the subpages! How could this have gotten messed up?
    Quote Reply
    Its probably something to do with your date settings. If you look in Setup->Date options, can you paste what you have for date_long_format (I think this is the relevant one).
    Quote Reply
    Re: [afinlr] What's New Page Display Error In reply to
    Here's what I have in the date_long_format

%dddd%, %mmmm% %dd% %yyyy%
    Quote Reply
    Well that looks ok to me. Do you have %yyyy%-%mm%-%dd% in the date_db_format?
    Quote Reply
    Re: [afinlr] What's New Page Display Error In reply to
    Wow that was it! I changed that thinking I could display the dates differentlyBlush It didn't even cross my mind to check that out. Thanks so much for the help!

This is what I had %mm%-%dd%-%yyyy% When changed to %yyyy%-%mm%-%dd% it works!

Thanks,

Craven
    Quote Reply
    That field is just telling Links how dates are saved in the database. If you want to change the way they are displayed you'll need to change the other two setup options (or use a tag in the template if you want a different date format in certain places).