Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

payment problems and questions

Quote Reply
payment problems and questions
I'm having what I think are problems with the payment part of LSQL (2.2.1) though this has been a problem since 2.12). I am using the paypal method and I get payments reports from paypal but the payments don't show up as successful in LSQL log and the link is always set to awaiting payment.

So my question is shouldn't the payment be recorded automatically and the link be updated. If so is this a bug I think I've lost a couple of customers because of this. So any help is appreciated.

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] payment problems and questions In reply to
Did you setup the IPN url properly? Without this, PayPal's postback won't reach Links SQL and thus Links SQL won't change the link's status to paid.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] payment problems and questions In reply to
brewt,
I double checked the IPN and found the URL had . missing. Thanks

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] payment problems and questions In reply to
I had this exact same problem.

I spent hours with a PayPal sandbox account trying to figure out what the problem was and tracked it down to the initial status check that is performed. This is in GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm on or around line 95:
Code:
unless ($status eq 'VERIFIED') {
$opts{on_invalid}->($status) if $opts{on_invalid};
return;
}
PayPal was always returning INVALID regardless of whether it was a successful transaction.

I simply commented this out. It still goes on to check the real status of the order and correctly updates the links, logs etc, but the initial 'spoof' check is skipped. Probably not the best solution, but I didn't want to spent too much time on it. I'm assuming it's something to do with my configuration. I'm using FreeBSD 4.9 with Perl 5.8.5 and Apache/mod_perl.

I also have two email addresses assigned to the account, although the main email is specified in the lsql config.

Last edited by:

paulj: Nov 10, 2004, 2:32 PM
Quote Reply
PayPal sandbox payment problems In reply to
I have the same problem as quoted below and have spent several hours trying to figure it out and have no solution. Can someone please help. Commenting out the code mentioned below did not fix my (identical) problem.

When using sandbox.paypal.com for testing purposes, The payments and emails come through. The payments are listed in LSQL admin, but the link is still on "no_payment_required". The payment logs contain nothing.

I have verified that the url is set at Paypal and in Admin to:
http://www.supportmusicians.com/cgi-bin/links/postback.cgi

Also, IPN option is on.

Is this a problem with sandbox? How am I suppossed to test this if it doesn't work through sandbox?
I can't have more than 1 "real" paypal account, and I can't send money to myself, so I know of no way to even test if it is only a problem with Paypal sandbox, and if when using a real paypal account, it might work?

I tried the following and additionally changed the url in 2 places (GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm and payment_paypal_include.html) from paypal.com to sandbox.paypal.com. Still everything works except the logs and the changing of the link to paid (which I believe actually just adds an expirydate).

This is the last pice to my 45 day customization of LSQL. It sure would be nice to complete this :-) Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions.

In Reply To:
I had this exact same problem.

I spent hours with a PayPal sandbox account trying to figure out what the problem was and tracked it down to the initial status check that is performed. This is in GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm on or around line 95:
Code:
unless ($status eq 'VERIFIED') {
$opts{on_invalid}->($status) if $opts{on_invalid};
return;
}
PayPal was always returning INVALID regardless of whether it was a successful transaction.

I simply commented this out. It still goes on to check the real status of the order and correctly updates the links, logs etc, but the initial 'spoof' check is skipped. Probably not the best solution, but I didn't want to spent too much time on it. I'm assuming it's something to do with my configuration. I'm using FreeBSD 4.9 with Perl 5.8.5 and Apache/mod_perl.

I also have two email addresses assigned to the account, although the main email is specified in the lsql config.
RGB World, Inc. - Software & Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Re: [rgbworld] PayPal sandbox payment problems In reply to
Well, paypal payment module doesn't work without sandbox either. I used a real credit card and ran through the payment process. Same thing as previous post. It all shows up in sql database except logs. Link is still a free link.

FYI, I made the following mod to display all links regardless of payment status and I am wondering if the mod has something to do with the problem I am having?

Basically, I display all links, but paid links get extra features. See supportmusicians.com

Here's mod:
To display ALL links regardless of the payment status, you need to
update two place. admin/Links/Build.pm and admin/Links/User/Search.pm.

Just command out the following in admin/Links/Build.pm

if ($CFG->{payment}->{enabled}) {
require Links::Payment;
my $payment_info = Links::Payment::cat_payment_info($opts->
{id});

if ($payment_info->{mode} == OPTIONAL) {
my $paycond = GT::SQL::Condition->new($cond);
$paycond->add(ExpiryDate => '>=' => time, ExpiryDate
=> '<=' => UNLIMITED);

my $offset = ($opts->{nh} - 1) * $opts->{mh};
$catlink_db->select_options(@select_options);
$catlink_db->select_options("LIMIT $opts->{mh} OFFSET
$offset");
$optional_sth = $catlink_db->select('Links.*', $paycond);

$cond->add(ExpiryDate => '=' => FREE);
}
else {
$cond->add(ExpiryDate => '>=' => time);
}
}

and then in admin/Links/User/Search.pm, comment out the following:

$IN->param('ExpiryDate', '>=' . time) if $CFG->{payment}->{enabled};

Thanks again
Chris
RGB World, Inc. - Software &amp; Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Hmm, I just signed up for a sandbox account (I don't believe the sandbox was around when we initially coded the paypal payment support). I'll set things up tomorrow and check that everything works as it should.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] PayPal sandbox payment problems In reply to
Thanks for the speedy reply. Please note that I didn't get PayPal to work without sandbox either, so it is not a sandbox issue. It would be nice for future versions to be sandbox aware though. Goodnight :-)

Chris
RGB World, Inc. - Software &amp; Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Have you checked your access/error logs to see if paypal has attempted to connect to the ipn url (postback.cgi)? If that isn't happening, then it's likely the IPN url wasn't setup properly.

Adrian