Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How to customize the browser listing...

Quote Reply
How to customize the browser listing...
Hi all...I'm trying to figure out how to customize the window viewed by editors in the browser. Rather than list the URL, I would rather have another field displayed that will better identify the listing as well as its image, but I can't seem to find the file to edit. I've looked through the template directory but either overlooked it or the output is hard-coded in the script....any help would be greatly appreciated!
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] How to customize the browser listing... In reply to
Currently, some of the html is generated in the code (it hasn't been switched to be generated in the templates yet). So that means you'll have to edit code to change it (and you'll have to make those changes after upgrades). For anything that you can't find in the templates (remember that the user side browser templates are in the browser template directory [which btw, isn't listed in the template editor - you'll have to ftp/ssh to get to them]), it'll probably be in Links/Browser.pm.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] How to customize the browser listing... In reply to
Thank you for the reply Adrian. I've looked through Browser.pm and cannot find any reference to the way links are displayed in the browser. I have Links setup as a photo directory for our church and want the editor to see the image and name of a person rather than the URL, (which isn't even used). As is, you cannot distinguish between the various listings. I've ftp'd through all of the templates in the directory and have made some changes to those where needed, but no luck with the latter.

Thanks again for any help you can give,
Perl Hopefull