Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

problems updating the link.html file

Quote Reply
problems updating the link.html file
I made modifications to and saved the link.html with regard to adding some new information for a specific link. I can't get the changes I made to the link.html (in the "local" directory) reflected on the web pages after running a "Build All." Why isn't this working like it used to?

Thanks.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] problems updating the link.html file In reply to
Is the /admin/templates/default/local/link.html CHMODed to 666?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] problems updating the link.html file In reply to
Yup. I did a re-build and it still has the same result.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Are you modifying it via build->user templates in admin or directly editing the file?

I think that the file that is used is the one in the compiled directory and I have a feeling this is made when you edit the file in admin but maybe not if you edit the file directly?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] problems updating the link.html file In reply to
Yes, I'm modifying or attempting to modify the link.html file via the admin template and not directly.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
delete the compiled link.html (if it is). It really does not make any noticeable difference I can see with a normal amount of hits... Then edit the /local/link.html via dreamweaver or whatever then save it via FTP. Works every time.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] problems updating the link.html file In reply to
I tried that and that didn't totally work. I am also running one of Andy's plugins for Featured Links (Top_5_Links) and the additional information showed up there but didn't show up in the "regular" links.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
If you look at the dynamic version of your site does it look right?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] problems updating the link.html file In reply to
Duh! I figured it out. I had two areas of data, one for the Enhanced listing and one for the regular listings, contained within that file. I forgot to modify the second area. Sorry for wasting people's time! It's been one of those weeks!

Thanks everyone!

mgeyman