Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What gets passed to Links::Link::HTML::display()?

Quote Reply
What gets passed to Links::Link::HTML::display()?
I'm trying to display a bunch of links in the admin view. I have their ids, and I can fetch the record in to a hash, but when I try to run the hash in to Links::Link::HTML::display() I get an unblessed reference error. Any thoughts?

Here's the code I'm running...(within a larger sub)

Code:
foreach my $id (@ids) {
my $rec = $linkdb->get ($id);
$results .= Links::Link::HTML::display ( { mode => 'search_results', values => $rec });
}

Here's the error:

Code:

Can't call method "_plg_display" on unblessed reference at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Links/Link.pm line 413.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (5405): Links::environment called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.
Links (5405): Links::fatal called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Links/Link.pm line 413 with arguments
    (Can't call method "_plg_display" on unblessed reference at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Links/Link.pm line 413.
        ).
Links (5405): Links::Link::HTML::__ANON__ called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 103 with arguments
    (HASH(0x848e80c)).
Links (5405): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Links/Link.pm line 413 with arguments
    (GT::Plugins, /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Plugins, display_link, CODE(0x848e83c), HASH(0x848e80c)).
Links (5405): Links::Link::HTML::display called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/Plugins/search_verts.pm line 67 with arguments
    (HASH(0x848d29c)).
Links (5405): Plugins::search_verts::print_form called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/admin.cgi line 216 with no arguments.
Links (5405): main::plugin called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/admin.cgi line 52 with no arguments.
Links (5405): main::main called at /var/www/clients.kbpwest.com/cisco/content_dev/admin/admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

Thanks!
Mike

Last edited by:

Swaylock: Mar 3, 2004, 1:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Swaylock] What gets passed to Links::Link::HTML::display()? In reply to
Why not use Links::SiteHTML?

Code:
$results .= Links::SiteHTML::display('template', $rec);

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What gets passed to Links::Link::HTML::display()? In reply to
Andy,

That fixed it. Thanks.

Still curious to know how to get it working for Links::Link::HTML. Or at least why I'm getting the unblessed reference error.

Much thanks again!

Mike
Quote Reply
Glad to hear it. I've always used Links::SiteHTML::display(), so I'm afraid I don't know why you are getting that error.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Oh actually,

One last question seeing as I have you here (hopefully) and seeing as you are such a plugin expert.

When you create a plugin, and you add a link to the admin control panel, the link by default comes up in the plugins panel (on the left side).

Is there any easy way to customize which panel I can put that link into? Say I wanted the link to appear under database view for example?

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
I'm not sure. AFAIK its done by the order that you set them up, i.e if you have the following setup in Install.pm;

test
foo
bar

... then on the left, it would show up as;

Plugin_Name
test
foo
bar

I'm only guessing about this though, as I've never really bothered to look into it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What gets passed to Links::Link::HTML::display()? In reply to
Andy,

I think I phrased my question incorrectly. Without major hacking, can you get the custom plugin link to apprear in a NON-plugin control panel? Specifically I'd like the link to apear in Database > Tools.

Thanks again for all your help,
Mike
Quote Reply
Ah, in that case, I doubt you would be able to do it without editing the admin templates, and linking to the plugins area (for your particular plugin), with something like;

admin.cgi?do=plugin&plugin=Plugin_Name&func=My_Function

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk