Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

<%URL%> in static mode

Quote Reply
<%URL%> in static mode
Hello,

I am looking at my static pages and the <%URL%> tag is giving me pages that are being called with page.cgi. They are not dynamic because there is no d=1. Is this normal? I was thinking I should see:

home/cat_name/subcat_name/index.html

instead of

cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=catname/subcatname

I am confused... Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] <%URL%> in static mode In reply to
That can't the the URL tag. The URL tag points to the resource URL, you seem to be talking about categories?

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 9, 2002, 4:10 AM
Quote Reply
Oops I forgot to say:

page.cgi should link categories to the static directory, page.cgi?d=1 should use g=dir/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] <%URL%> in static mode In reply to
Yes that is what I am seeing. But I was thinking if I am in static mode, it shouldn't be calling page.cgi.
For static purpose, how do I generate the path to the static category page? Thank you.

Last edited by:

nt6: Sep 9, 2002, 5:12 AM
Quote Reply
Paul,

I remember that links 2.05 would build category directories on my server based on their name. When I look at the server now all I see is folders with the ID numbers as a name.
In static mode my title_linked tags does not work. It links back to the categories by their names and not their ID number. So I get a page not found error. Why is this?
Shouldn't the build script build directories with category names? Did I miss something here?

Crazy
Quote Reply
Hmmm Im not sure what is going on there, yes it should be building using the category name.

Have you made any modifications?.....did you notice when this started?
Quote Reply
Well yesterday I recursively deleted all pages and categories built on the server in the default static page directory. I then rebuilt all thinking I might get the folders with names back, but I didn't. I still have the folders with IDs as names. I do not know what is going on... Do you have folders with IDs or with the category names on your machine?
Quote Reply
Category names for me.

Check your database looks ok with mysqlman and also make sure all the build options look ok.

This may be a simple setting somewhere although Ive not experienced this myself so can't say for sure.
Quote Reply
What is your setup for "foreign_char" (in Setup -> Build Options)? If it is set to yes, then that explains a lot....

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] <%URL%> in static mode In reply to
You are right. It is set to Yes. I am now rebuilding all. I will see if that does it. Thanks again Ivan & Paul.
Quote Reply
Heh, I told you it was probably a simple setting Wink

Now if only I was foreign I could have told you the answer Laugh
Quote Reply
Brits are foreign everywhere else outside their island ... Laugh
You are a cool foreigner though (especially for a Brit) Tongue
Quote Reply
Sorry about my sense of humor. Mine is probably worst then yours (yes that IS possible). Wink

I got my folders back with the proper names now. The title-linked now works in static mode. The only problem is the link to categories in subcategory.html. I can not get it to work. I get a URL with spaces in it where there are spaces in the category name, so the server gives me 404. I tried using <%category_name_escaped%> and I get "no such tag", but I see it in a dump on the same category page.

Crazy
Quote Reply
Ahem are you saying my sense of humor is bad? Wink

Are you using the dump in category.html or subcategory.html?

I think you can use:

<%escapeHTML some_tag%>