Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

new folder - lost properties

Quote Reply
new folder - lost properties
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I decided to put my links into a different folder now I have got it working as I want so i specified a new build root url and build root path

I imported some dmoz data and then ran a complete build all then switched off to come back to it today.
One of the first things I have noticed is that my category properties and link properties are different, significantly different i.e all my changes are not there BUT my changed user templates are all still ok so it hasn't freshly installed itself.

So what has happened. Why have all my category and link properties changed back, how do I change them back, I have a backup.
rgds
Kevin

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] new folder - lost properties In reply to
You would need to restore your backup .sql file (from a MySQLdump), and then upload your backed up .def files in the /admin/defs/ folder. The main ones being lsql_Links.def and lsql_Category.def.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] new folder - lost properties In reply to
Thanks for getting back to me Andy, I'd be lost without you at the moment.

I will upload the def files, I am not too worried about the search data so do I need to re upload the backup .sql file (I am not very conversant with the MySQL manager you see.)

rgds
Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] new folder - lost properties In reply to
If you want to send over SSH details, I'll have a quick look for you. How recent was your old backup? I will probably need the LSQL admin details too, so I can check the field properties have been added in again ok.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!