Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What's new pages (old template)

Quote Reply
What's new pages (old template)
Hi everybody!

Well after making a global check on my server I just notice that I've the what's new pages since I started my directory using an old template version :p

As the what's new links pages are build with the format: yyyy-mm-dd.html

Is there a way to have those pages rebuild with the new tamplate? or Should I need to use just a 301 redirect? (there are lots of pages :p)

Currently I've those pages ranking on search engines, so making this happen will permit me to keep those pages, with my current template and mostly not make any of my users confused.

Thanks in advance,

Jesus
Quote Reply
Re: [Jesus] What's new pages (old template) In reply to
I would set up a rewrite rule which automatically rewrites any url to a file that doesn't exist (-f) in the New directory to the index. Then move/remove all the files in the New directory and rebuild.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] What's new pages (old template) In reply to
Thanks for your answer brewt,

So, i'll need to update all my old pages templates manually in order to have them use the new template?

I dont want to loose those pages with just a redirect , i'll like to rebuild those pages with the new template, any chance to do it that way?

Thanks for the update

Jesus

Last edited by:

Jesus: Mar 21, 2007, 8:08 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Can you explain this to me to have it more clearly?

Thanks,

Jesus
Quote Reply
Well the redirect won't work if you want to keep the pages up. There isn't an easy way to rebuild those pages, although setting your New status cutoff might work?

Adrian