Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Title for detailed page

Quote Reply
Title for detailed page
I would like to have the title show up on the detailed page (not in breadcrumb form, but rather the field called Title in the database. When I use <%Title%> I get a non-linked breadcrumb, as the template suggests it will. How can I simply get the title of the page?

Also: is there any way to have the title be part of the name of the html file that is created in the detailed page? (Instead of it being called 5.html, it would be called title.html ?
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Title for detailed page In reply to
Do you mean you want something like "title_linked" and then "title_clean" ?? You can see the code for getting title_linked tag in the detail_page.cgi script I wrote. Just make it a global. You can probably use the same field to generate a clean title.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Title for detailed page In reply to
Pugdog,

Do I need a global for the detailed page to only display the title of the detailed page? In other words, the Title of the detailed page might be ABC. (that is what was typed into the Title field in the database. I want to display that ABC at the top of the page.

When I use the <%Title%> I seem to get the whole path unlinked (Home: Category: ABC)

Wheras, I simply want it to say the Title (ABC)

How can I do this?
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Title for detailed page In reply to
Hi,

This is poor naming on our part. <%title%> and <%title_linked%> will give you breadcrumb versions of the page. i.e. Home: Detailed: ABC. To get what is in the actual Title field you would use <%Title%>. Blush

Remember, you can use <%GT::Template::dump%> to see a list of all tags currently available.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.