Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Multi part forms question

Quote Reply
Multi part forms question
I know this has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...sorry.

I would like to split up the form fields with a link submission. I want to create a form that will use around 150 different form inputs. It makes things much more simple to have 15-20 form inputs per page than all of them on one. Problem is, I can't seem to find out how to do this. I can modify the include form template, but I would assume it has something to do with the add.cgi page, but I don't understand the code contained in this.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Multi part forms question In reply to
You would need to write a plugin to do it. Maybe have a pre-hook on the user_add, and then do the different stages, and pass all the output into add.cgi again as if they had completed the one form, and then pressed the submit button Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Multi part forms question In reply to
Thanks for the reply Andy. I wish I had enough knowledge to figure out a plugin like that, but I don't understand how the add.cgi page is actually processed line by line. I think I'll try using an external program to initiate the form input, and then have that form plug the values into the necessary fields required in my links for the final validation. This sounds like what your describing here to some degree.
Thanks again,

Steve

Last edited by:

stilton: Jul 6, 2003, 11:11 AM