Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link Property Order

Quote Reply
Link Property Order
I was wondering if anyone tell me how do I udpate/change the order Link Properties are sorted in the Admin view ?

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Link Property Order In reply to
Its not very simple :(

The easiest way, is to manually edit the order numbers (pos) in the lsql_Links.def file. i.e 1 is the top order, and, for example, 25 is your lowest field. You **MUST** be careful when doing this though, as this is one of the main config files for LinksSQL.. .and it can cause the whole site to go down if not done correctly! Just a word of warning :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Link Property Order In reply to
Hey bro.. thanks for the quick reply :)

I was thinking of updating lsql_Links.def file and thought what if I just change the order in it... would it work?

Or is the sorting info stored within the mysql db ?

Vishal

P.S.. A feature suggestion for GT team about Links SQL : Admin ability to sort/update link/user/category properties as desired :)

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Link Property Order In reply to
Nah, you can leave the fields in their current order.

The best way I found to do it, was write a list of the fields in the file (on paper), and then write down the sort order (numerically) that I wanted them in.

Then, its just a case of going through the .def file, and editing the 'pos' section for each field, to your desired sort order.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!