Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

How do i transfer linksql install to new server?

Quote Reply
How do i transfer linksql install to new server?
Hello everybody,

Thanks for reading this thread. I have to change the server which my install of linkssql is installed on, however i can not find any documentation at all on how to do this.

I have copied the files to the new server (same domain name will be used) and have copied the database over (keeping the same database name also) however i can not find any "config" file or reference to any such thing in any of the manuals i have been provided.

I see inside the admin panel of the old installation that i can edit the paths to scripts and or db details there but i can not see any of those values in the database itself. I was guessing that i could just edit those settings inside the db, or a single config file somewhere. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what i have to do?

Regards

Spank.
Quote Reply
Re: [spankymonkey] How do i transfer linksql install to new server? In reply to
Hi,

Hopefully this helps:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ons_P298281/#p298281

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How do i transfer linksql install to new server? In reply to
Thanks very much for your reply, i looked and looked but couldn't find it. I must of had blinkers on or something. Anyway, i have done it now. What a lot of files that contain hard coded references. Is this normal for them all to reference a path in the file instead of includes to a config value?

Just a general question.
Quote Reply
Re: [spankymonkey] How do i transfer linksql install to new server? In reply to
Hi,

No problem.

Quote:
What a lot of files that contain hard coded references. Is this normal for them all to reference a path in the file instead of includes to a config value?

Yup, thats normal. Its for some web-servers which don't accept the ./ path (they would give errors on the use lib '' part otherwise). Bit of a sod sometimes, but thats what `grep` is for Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!