Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Help! Listers can't join!

Quote Reply
Help! Listers can't join!
I have received complaints from 2 business owners today so I went and tried myself. When you sign up for an account on my directory www.Meowhoo.com as soon as you hit the signup button you get this message:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::Session::File (5935): Can't open file: '/www/meowhoo/cgi-bin/links/admin/sessions/aa460e7cd6026d751b01785df08c33a9'. Reason: 'Disk quota exceeded' at /www/meowhoo/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Session/File.pm line 167.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Help! Crazy

If you love cats - visit www.TheCatSite.com

Visit my LinkSQL based Cat Site - www.Meowhoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Anat] Help! Listers can't join! In reply to
It seems pretty self explanatory. You have exceeded your disk quota. You can either delete some stuff or ask your host to increase it.

Maybe there are some backups in admin/backups that you can remove.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Help! Listers can't join! In reply to
I deleted almost all of them (except of the last one) and it still gives the same error message:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::Session::File (8504): Can't open file: '/www/meowhoo/cgi-bin/links/admin/sessions/0b5ef1369522ac8799b07c8bdbe2145c'. Reason: 'Disk quota exceeded' at /www/meowhoo/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Session/File.pm line 167.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I will contact my host to increase the account - but could this be something else?

Quote Reply
Do you not have a control panel where you can check your disk usage?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Help! Listers can't join! In reply to
Let me check some more with my host please. Not sure what's going on with the disk quota and I did check the control panel. It shows I still have 20 Megas to reach my limit but I'm not sure that's the case.

Quote Reply
It's definitely an ISP problem. That error comes from the operating system saying you aren't allowed to create a file because you are over your allocated disk space. Check with your ISP about this.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Help! Listers can't join! In reply to
Anat,

Just to let you know - it will almost certainly be your ISP - I had this happen with an old ISP I used to use when I first started out.

I'd be going along fine then all of a sudden the server would report I had no disk space left. I'd complain, they'd do something at their end, then everything would be fine for a while.

Just thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one who's been in this position Smile

All the best
Shaun