Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links 2 import to Links NG - need help!

Quote Reply
Links 2 import to Links NG - need help!
Hi,

just tried to import data from links 2, format looks like this:

4|Aprilia|http://www.aprilia.de|21-Jul-2000|Hersteller_und_Importeure/Hersteller/Motorrad|Aprilia - das italienische Motorrad!|Paul|paul@aprilia.de|60|No|No|10.00|1|No|aprilia, motorrad|

The only thing what was added to the links 2 is the keyword-mod (last part of the shown data).

I've got this error on importing:

Import error: WARNING: Unable to insert link `Aprilia' (SQL query: `INSERT INTO Links (ID, LinkOwner, isValidated, Add_Date, Mod_Date, Title, URL, Description, Hits, isNew, isPopular, Rating, Votes, Key, isBest) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'): You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Key, isBest) VALUES (1, 'paul@aprilia.de', 'Yes', '2000-07-21', '2000-07' at line 1

What do i need to change to get this data (more than 5000 entries ...) into Links NG?

I appreciate any help ;)

Regards,
Chef

Quote Reply
Re: Links 2 import to Links NG - need help! In reply to
The problem is that you have a column named 'Key', and in mysql (and other SQL servers) KEY is a reserved word and cannot be used for column names. You will have to change the column name to something else in order to be able to import it to Links SQL 2.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

thanks for your lightning fast reply ... i've changed "key" in links.def to "search" - no i've got this error:

Import error: WARNING: Invalid date `' for link with ID . Link skipped.

And this for every entry - at the end:

0 records from 'Links' imported.

Hmmm ... what's wrong?

Regards,
Chef

Quote Reply
Could you send me a copy of your def and db files? This is a strange error!

jason@gossamer-threads.com

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads