Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

links sql + curryguide meta search

Quote Reply
links sql + curryguide meta search
I'm seriously considering buying a meta search from curryguide.com apparently, it could be set up to show my directory results first and then results from other sites. I was just wondering if you had heard of anyone using it with links sql and whether they thought is was any good?
Quote Reply
Re: [cities] links sql + curryguide meta search In reply to
So you want to use your current data in search results first, and then curryguide's after that to complete a page's worth of results?

Just a little confused as to what you were asking Crazy

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] links sql + curryguide meta search In reply to
yes I want a meta search, with my links sql directory results first, then others to make up a page, curryguide have assurred me that they can do this

I guess what I am asking is has anyone done this and how is it working for them
Quote Reply
I have my SearchFeed_Results plugin which does a similar thing. If no results are found in the database, then a page of links are shown from SearchFeed.com, which gives you money every time someone clicks on one of the affiliate links.

Just so you know there is no reason why it shouldn't work....it would just be on a different site...(obviously with a different parsing method).

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I currently do what you are describing with a meta-refresh on the search page. But I want to have both my results and others on the same page. That's why I'm looking at curryguide.
Quote Reply
Did I say I had a meta-refresh? Nope Tongue

My plugin grabs it from their page, parses the data...and then shows it on your search.cgi script, as if it had been grabbed from your own database. Nothing to do with redirecting the user to another site ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
Did I say I had a meta-refresh? Nope

You mis-interpretted that sentence I think. He meant he's doing what you do but he's using a meta-refresh.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] links sql + curryguide meta search In reply to
Whoops....sorry. I was just pointing out the method of how my plugin worked :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk