Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

PayPal sandbox, does it work?

Quote Reply
PayPal sandbox, does it work?
I've been testing the PayPal sandbox with Links 3 and it seems to work ok except the payments are not logged to the Links payment table at all. The payments are visible in the test seller/buyer accounts in PayPal.

Just wondering if the sandbox is supposed to work exactly the same as the live links would (e.g. full database updating)? I would have thought so but the sandbox is a confusing and buggy interface so anything is possible.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] PayPal sandbox, does it work? In reply to
Did you sign up to the paypal developer system (I guess you did, since you can't make payments unless you do)? The sandbox system should work exactly like a normal paypal transaction, so yes, you should be getting payments being logged. Perhaps your postback.cgi isn't configured properly in your paypal configuration? Check that you have it set in your paypal configuration (in paypal config, or in the GLinks paypal config) and that it's the correct url to it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] PayPal sandbox, does it work? In reply to
Adrian, I looked into it a little bit more and turned off the .htaccess protection I had on the main directory (site is still in development). This go things working a bit better...

I also hadn't validated the email addresses for the test accounts in the sandbox. This is important otherwise you will get errors!

It seems to be working ok now although the payments are visible under the 'Info' section of payment logs and not as 'Successful'. I have to manually approve them before adding the link. Not sure if this is how it is meant to work but I have a bit more to work with now.

Last edited by:

aus_dave: Feb 18, 2006, 4:37 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] PayPal sandbox, does it work? In reply to
For my development copies, I add:
Code:
<Files postback.cgi>
allow from all
</Files>
So that postbacks will still work.

The successful paypal payments should be going into the Successful logs and shouldn't require any manual approval.

Adrian