Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Weight Field Disappeared

Quote Reply
Search Weight Field Disappeared
When I click on database>category>properties, and view any column in the Category Table Editor, I do not see the Search Weight Field anymore, therefore, I am unable to sepecify the search weight for a specific field and the last field I see in the category table editor is: Form Regex
Also, when I rebuild search, I get the following:
Reindexing Categories Database ... No search weights have been defined, skipping!

Any idea... Thank you
Mark

Last edited by:

Mark2: Nov 18, 2002, 7:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Search Weight Field Disappeared In reply to
In Reply To:
When I click on database>category>properties, and view any column in the Category Table Editor, I do not see the Search Weight Field anymore, therefore, I am unable to sepecify the search weight for a specific field and the last field I see in the category table editor is: Form Regex
Also, when I rebuild search, I get the following:
Reindexing Categories Database ... No search weights have been defined, skipping!

I think the disappearance of the search weight is caused by me renaming the "Name" field in the category database into something else, then renaming it back to "Name" after things did not work properly with the change..

Any idea... Thank you
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Search Weight Field Disappeared In reply to
Hi,

This can happen if you remove weights from all columns. To fix, you need to manually edit the category.def file and add:

weight => '1'

to one of the columns.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Search Weight Field Disappeared In reply to
It worked great Wink
Thanks a lot Alex