Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

adding a column

Quote Reply
adding a column
Hi,

looked at page 89 of the manual, it's a touch out of date but I think I have got the jist of things, and I have created a column called town in the links.

I would now like to display the town in my category list of links results on the first line (where it says new).

i.e the result would be

OurCo - Devon

I thought the tag would automatically (somehow) be there if I added <%town%> but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Have I assumed too much here or am I close but just not quite hit the right button?

rgds

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] adding a column In reply to
no worries, found it in link.html

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Yeah, you would just add something like this in link.html;

<%if town%>Town: <%town%><%endif%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply

Hi,

looked at page 89 of the manual, it's a touch out of date but I think I have got the jist of things, and I have created a column called town in the links.

I would now like to display the town in my category list of links results on the first line (where it says new).

i.e the result would be

OurCo - Devon

I thought the tag would automatically (somehow) be there if I added <%town%> but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Have I assumed too much here or am I close but just not quite hit the right button?

rgds

Kev[/reply]

where did you get the manual? i haven't been able to find one.. can someone send it to me or a link to it?

thanks in advance
-simon
http://www.fatscripts.com
Quote Reply
Re: [lastsaga] adding a column In reply to
you should have a link to the download area which has got the manual in it.

Cannot honestly recall where it is but I am positive it is in the registration email.

You need to have registered the program to access it.

rgds

Cheers
KevM