Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

RDF Converter

Quote Reply
RDF Converter

Someone mentioned that there was a program for cutting up DMOZ into smaller chunks. I have found the link -
http://www.portalscripts.com/.../rdf_converter.shtml
It is written for Hyperseek Crazy
The docs say that the extracted data is saved as "hyperseek.dat" and "subcategories.dat" files. Which are ASCII files. Does anyone know if links can import ASCII files?????
Worth a look. Seems that if this guy can create a script like this, that someone here on the GS support forums could do it better! Not to put anyone down but the level of intelligence and skill found here is second to none. I would even go as far to say that if someone here can't come up with a better script, it can't be done.
Anyway, just a thought -

Quote Reply
Re: RDF Converter In reply to
That code has a bug in it apparently.

I believe junko has some code to do the same job (well I know he does because I used it)

Maybe send him a pm?

Links SQL will import from the chunks.

Quote Reply
Re: RDF Converter In reply to

There was a script here that did a basic cut up of the RDF files. It was pretty much brute force, but it worked.

It output .rdf files, that could be read into links.

I still have on my drawing board several ideas for import scripts, but I am way behind, and still recovering. Also, I would like to integrate an import script with the spider, and with search page downloads, so if you do a search, you can "lift" the links right into your
system. This will allow fine-tuning of imported links, rather than mass-import and delete.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.