Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Questions about Category Browser and Bookmarks

Quote Reply
Questions about Category Browser and Bookmarks
I am making some mods to Links SQL as I plan to use it in a novel way.

I need advice on the following and hope some kind person here knows what it is I need to do.

A) Editor window/ Category Browser

When the Admin or Editor goes into the Browse page within the Admin screens - assuming there are Links added, then in the centre of the web page - there are 3 columns.

In column 1 - you see the 1st 50 characters of the link.

>> Question: How can I expand this 50 character link limit so that I can have all characters from the text message appear here? e.g set it to say, 500 characters.

In column 2 - you see the hypertext link to each specific link.

>> Question: How can I remove the content of this URL column completely. I do not want the link to be shown. Instead I would prefer to show in place of the URL, the date that the links was added. Anyone know how to do this within this specific page?

Column 3 - has entries like - Delete | Copy | Owner. That is just fine. No change required here.

I would also like to add some additional text to this Browse page.

>> Question: Which template controls the text content of this page?

B) Bookmarks

The manual for the latest version of Links SQL says this>

Bookmarks: Users can now bookmark links from the directory and share bookmark collections publicly, or store them in private folders.

>> Question: How does an individual who has a set of public and private bookmark folders set up actually make others aware that they are happy to share their public bookmark folders? Where do they appear within the web pages created by Links SQL?

Thanks for any pointers on these questions.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: [cuppa] Questions about Category Browser and Bookmarks In reply to
hi

I am itching to move past the challanges I outlined in previous post - any one able to help?

Thanks
Steve
Quote Reply
Hi All

Still hoping for a tiny response ;-)

Thanks
Steve
Quote Reply
Quote:
>> Question: How can I expand this 50 character link limit so that I can have all characters from the text message appear here? e.g set it to say, 500 characters.
>> Question: How can I remove the content of this URL column completely. I do not want the link to be shown. Instead I would prefer to show in place of the URL, the date that the links was added. Anyone know how to do this within this specific page?
>> Question: Which template controls the text content of this page?
These are all either done in the category browser templates (browser_*.html in the admin and user templates) or done in the code (admin/Links/Browser.pm).

Quote:
>> Question: How does an individual who has a set of public and private bookmark folders set up actually make others aware that they are happy to share their public bookmark folders? Where do they appear within the web pages created by Links SQL?
If you click on the 'User List' link in the Bookmark secondary menu, you'll get a list of users with public folders.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Questions about Category Browser and Bookmarks In reply to
Thanks - that sounds like the answer to all my questions. Cheers!
Steve