Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Question on Stop Words

Quote Reply
Question on Stop Words
Hi, is it correct for me to say that all the banned words are contained in admin/GT/SQL/Search/Base/Common.pm? I am wondering though if these words directly affect the search.cgi script or just the indexing (I use internal), or both, I'm not sure.

I have two problems:

1. Say that I search for the word "in", and I get zero link results but several category results. To say the least, these aren't relevant results. How can I get around this? What I would like to happen is that when there are no link results, there won't be any kind of results at all. So, when I search for "in", I'll get the search error page instead.

2. When I search for "in europe", I get link results pertaining to europe while the word "in" is ignore via the banned words list. But, "in" is also in bold. How do I stop that from happening?

Thank you very much in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: [sensodyne] Question on Stop Words In reply to
Which 'banned words' are you refering to?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [andy] Question on Stop Words In reply to
They're the ones contained in: admin/GT/SQL/Search/Base/Common.pm ... but I wasn't so sure about this. But I was pertaining to the common words that are ignored in the search, like the word "in" in my previous example. Please point me to the right direction if I'm mistaken.