Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problems with changed hosts and linksql

Quote Reply
Problems with changed hosts and linksql
 I changed host servers and now nothing is linked, the linksql doesn't work, and I am tearing my hair out.

The site is a type of search info one and everything is in the information files. I recently took over management of it and don't know anything about cgi, mysql or links.

There is a path that does have the previous administrators computer name in it, will this cause it not to work?

Can I reinstall linkssql without loosing all the information I do have on it? Like about 1000 link pages and such.

Please help a poor canadian..

Nexxlady
Quote Reply
Re: [nexxlady] Problems with changed hosts and linksql In reply to
Hi Nexxlady,

Don't tear all of your hair outWink

I did know anything about perl, Links, and very little about SQL a few months ago. There is a lot of material and help on this forum for one thing. So don't give up.

Quote:

Can I reinstall linkssql without loosing all the information I do have on it? Like about 1000 link pages and such.

Yes. I would do a complete database export first though. Then I would copy all of my template files and globals.txt to somewhere safe.

You can export your database in your admin by going Database->Import/Export then go down to Create backup file of all Links SQL data.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [nexxlady] Problems with changed hosts and linksql In reply to
Changed host servers?
Did you save the database from the old host server? This should be the first a Links SQL user should do, when she/he changes a host server. The way as Sooke told you is fine to make backup.

I just hope you did that before host server change, so you did not lost your SQL database and your links data.
Please tell us more info about this, so we can help.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...