Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problem with upgrade...

Quote Reply
Problem with upgrade...
Just upgraded to 2.2.0 and now my add.cgi, user.cgi, etc. files are now NOT working. I get the dreaded internal server error. Anyone have any idea why? I have tried re-upgrading several times as well as deleting these files before upgrading the last time. I made sure install.cgi was uploaded ascii and install.dat was binary. I have tried to chmod the files 755 again just in case that was why it was not working. So far all admin cgi files are working.

This is the error that I get, from the error log:

[Tue Aug 31 18:21:25 2004] [error] [client 69.108.165.26] Premature end of script headers: /home/mydomain/add.cgi
-----Sherri
Quote Reply
Re: [sherri] Problem with upgrade... In reply to
Hi. What does the folder and file permissions look like? (on the folder that add.cgi are in, as well as add.cgi/modify.cgi, etc).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Problem with upgrade... In reply to
all cgi files are 755. Main folder 777, admin folder is 755 (I also tried it at 777 and that did not work so I changed it back). In admin the backup, defs, plugins, sessions, templates and tmp folder are all 777. The cron, gt, links and mysqlman folders are all 755. I just re-chmoded all cgi files. The ones in admin seem to still work, it's the ones outside of admin that don't.

I am working on trying to rebuild my links. I lost all of them when my server went out of business and I did not have it backed up. Here is the url if you want to see what I am talking about, just hit search, add, modify....

http://www.soap-news.com/sood/pages

I just realized none of my links will work until the cgi problems are solved. Frown
-----Sherri
Quote Reply
Quote:
Main folder 777,

You tried it on 755? Some servers are fussy.. and anything over 755, is considered a security risk.. and Perl scripts within those folders, will not be run.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thank you Andy. That was it. Something so simple but yet so tough. Blush
-----Sherri
Quote Reply
No problem. It's one of those things you pick up over time... after spending a stupid number of hours working similar problems before...LOL.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Well, I just bookmarked this topic just in case it happens again. Smile
-----Sherri