Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Problem with Sending E-mail to Yahoo and free based accounts

Quote Reply
Problem with Sending E-mail to Yahoo and free based accounts
Hello,

One of my customer claims that there is a problem with the community script on my server. I tried to sign up using a free e-mail account (e-mail is userjacobstar@yahoo.com) however, when I looked for the validation e-mail I couldn't find it in that account.

Read his notes:

I think the problem is that you've got to become Fetish List Member before you can submit link, just sign up from:
http://www.fetishlist.com/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi

We tried, but we are unable to sign up as your system isn't sending the access code properly that would validate our yahoo email address. Its the "Sendmail" on your server that your script uses, it often does have problems sending to web mail addresses (not real pop addresses). Our site had the same problem was we used a scripting application several years ago. You need to contact your programmer to resolve this issue so others don't have this problem.

I'll send you another email later on today to sort out the manual link exchange, as its the only way it can be completed. I just checked the yahoo address again and still no validation code has been sent.

kind regards
Craig

Quote Reply
Re: [georgetal] Problem with Sending E-mail to Yahoo and free based accounts In reply to
Did you get anything from your customer? I tested things with a server that users postfix and it had no problems sending e-mails to a yahoo.com e-mail address through glinks. You also might try changing your mail setup to use smtp instead of sendmail. I would be interested in hearing what the problem is, and which smtp daemons are affected and what the fix is though.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Jun 27, 2007, 6:24 PM