Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3?

Quote Reply
Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3?
Hi all I just installed G Links this morning and am trying to change the look from Luna..

Are pre-made templates available for Gossamer Links other than the default luna? I want to try some different looks to get a feel for what I want to do with the program. So far I've had no luck finding any to download and try out. help?
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryOdom] Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3? In reply to
It’s a PITB (pain in the butt) to get the template to be different; I can give you a modified version that uses only some Luna attributes and you can change the template to fit your needs. PM me and I will send you a working template.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3? In reply to
In Reply To:
It’s a PITB (pain in the butt) to get the template to be different
It can be if aren't comfortable with CSS, but if you are they can be quite flexible. And remember you can also to change the templates themselves however you wish (eg. change it to be the more 'traditional' table based layout). With the template diffs we provide, you can see what's been added/changed and merge those changes into your template set relatively easily.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3? In reply to
Hello Brewt,

I found it difficult at first, have it down now, but to start with it was pure torture.
Its all a learning curve thing -- Takes me a while to learn ! Chuckle!

SandraR

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Pre-Made or Custom Templates for v3? In reply to
Yeah, it can be pretty difficult at first. CSS can be extremely powerful, but at the same time, it can take a while to understand the concepts, and don't forget all the browser differences and hacks to get around them.

Adrian