Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Possible bug from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0 in Editor.pm

Quote Reply
Possible bug from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0 in Editor.pm
Hi there,

after upgrading to version 2.2.0 I'm unable to create new templates via "Save template as". It seems that the template name entered there won't be taken into account while creating the new file.

Instead the original file will be created and/or overwritten in the local folder directory.

I have downgraded the GT/Template/Editor.pm to version 2.1.2 and the error has gone. I think the error has something to do with the handling of $self->{cgi}->param('tpl_name') or $self->{cgi}->param('tpl_file') in the 2.2.0 version.

Anyone else noticed this bug?
Quote Reply
Re: [Ca5ey] Possible bug from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0 in Editor.pm In reply to
Hi.

Never really tried Save As in GM 2.2.0 after upgrade.
Incidentally, i had a similar thing happen when i was on Links and was Saving the home.html as overlib.js and the same thing happened. I had to rework on the same to get the template back.

I wouldn't try now on GM2.2.0 now that you have mentioned it... unless there is a word from GT...

Anup
Quote Reply
I think you are right. I am using symlinked GT of GM 2.2.0 in Links. I tried Save As template again on links and found what you said as true. The new filename is never really saved. It's the original template file which gets overwritten.

So in GM2.2.0 (which i am currently using) with GT in Links symlinked to GT of GM 2.2.0 , this is indeed a Bug. Needs immediate comments from GT... I did not try downgrading the Editor.pm however.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
The fix for this bug has been posted here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=267047

Adrian