Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Possible Bug in Links - Help

Quote Reply
Possible Bug in Links - Help
I am currently experiencing some problems when adding a link and selecting a category. I have the ajax category selector option activated.

After user submits a link within selected category, I get the usual email addition to database....

But when I go to validate the link it shows or says that no category has been selected and doesn't even give me the chance to selet a category within the admin. I know the user has selected a category because I've tested it myself and the category selected is listed in my addition to database email.

How do I fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: [yobo] Possible Bug in Links - Help In reply to
It's a small problem with the way the new category selector works - it should be fixed when we release the next version. The temporary solution is to make sure you visit your admin using the same domain name that you have your db_cgi_url. For example, if db_cgi_url is set to www.example.com/cgi-bin/glinks, then when you open up admin.cgi, then make sure you go to www.example.com/cgi-bin/glinks/admin/admin.cgi and not example.com/cgi-bin/glinks/admin/admin.cgi (notice that this url doesn't have www. in it).

Adrian