Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Please help i made a mistake

Quote Reply
Please help i made a mistake
Hi all,

Ok i did a stupid thing i have links sql installed i have worked hard on it, and today i was installing gossamer forum, but my kids were chatting to me at the same time so when i installed i forgot to ad the path to the forum as cgi-bin/forum instead just put it as cgi-bin which ofcourse overwrite the glinks stuff (yes i know i am stupid)

So my question is is there a way to repair the damage as i have plugins, templates new form fields etc and can not spendanother 2 weeks working on repairing the damage.

Please please help.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Please help i made a mistake In reply to
Mmm.. and you have no backups? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Please help i made a mistake In reply to
Hi

Well i do not have a full backup but the only ones i have is the sql file, defs folder and the templates folder, is that good enough.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Could you send over FTP access, so I can take a look? It may (or may not) be as bad as you think Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Don't feel too bad - I think a lot of us have done this - I wish that the defaults could be changed.
I seem to remember that I just reinstalled Links. The plugins, and templates shouldn't have been overwritten by GForum and hopefully you will have used a prefix on the tables so they wont have been affected at all.