Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Payment error when add method

Quote Reply
Payment error when add method

I have upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and when trying to set up payment, the Provides simply don't load, as shown by ",,,,". I check the config file, all provides are listed correctly. I have also enabled payment and the enable field is =1.

Code:
Type Direct (Requires HTTPS)
Provides: ,,,,,,

If I click "Configure payment method" I will get lots of Unknown Tag: 'field_description' on the next page.

It seems nobody has got this error by search this forum. What could be wrong?
I have copied all payment templates and language text into my local folder and did twice upgrades w/o resolving the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by:

long327: Jun 24, 2004, 12:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Payment error when add method In reply to
You're using an old template set that needs upgrading. Take a look at the template diffs to see what changes have been made. If you're using a template from the template pack (av, mint, etc), then you can just download the updated template pack.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Payment error when add method In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I have copied all payment templates to admin templates and my local template folder, which made no difference.

I think the first error of failure to load providers has nothing to do with templates. It seems that the program failed to read or parse the configure file which I have checked and even replaced with a another working version.

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Payment error when add method In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Please ignore the post above. It finally works.
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Payment error when add method In reply to
Adrian
Can you be more precise about which templates you think are out of date to cause this problem (which I also have - in v2.2.1, having just turned on payments)? I'm using a set of templates that are a modified copy of "default".

Payments > Add Method gives a series of boxes, but nothing against "Name:" in each case, and a series of commas or nothing against "Provides:" Clicking on some gives a page with nothing under the required and optional headings, others give a page with a good-looking form, but everything is called "field_description:" and has "Unknown Tag: 'field_description'" alongside it.

But I cannot see what template this might be contained in - all the payment templates appear to be customer-facing. I've started to go through the template changes from the side menu but it's not easy reading and I might be looking for a non-existant needle in a haystack.

Thanks for any help - I'm wishing I had looked at this earlier as I now have a whole lot of stuff ready to go but logjammed behind getting the payments set up.

Stewart
Quote Reply
Re: [CrazyGuy] Payment error when add method In reply to
OK - I think I worked this out.

More complete info (and my solution) is in:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=266594

The correct templates were in place, but the language.txt file was missing the necessary text.

I do still have to update some user templates to implement payment-related features before I can be sure it's all ok, but fingers crossed ...