Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

PayPal Subscriber Process Change?

Quote Reply
PayPal Subscriber Process Change?
I would like to understand the process on how Glinks works if a subscriber pays for a subscription via PayPal.
Given:
- Feb 6 everything worked and Glinks is set for Link payment auto-validation:All paid links are automatically validated.
- Nothing was revised.
- Received IPN emails from google and re-ENABLED IPN in Paypal. It was turned off.

This is what the process I understood prior to Feb 6 and correct me if I'm wrong
- subscriber submits payment via paypal
- email is sent to primary paypal email account
- Paypal account owner accepts payment on Paypal
- email is sent to Glinks
db_admin_email
- Glinks admin email owner receives email and validates per provided email URL
- URL opens Glinks Validate links page. Subscriber who paid shouldn't be listed, because it auto-validated
- Glinks admin performs Build Changed
- Subscriber is listed and is present in New Links

This is what is happening after Feb 6
- subscriber submits payment via paypal
- email is sent to primary paypal email account
- Paypal account owner accepts payment on Paypal

- no email is sent to Glinks db_admin_email
- nothing is in spam, IPN is enabled
- Glinks mentally knows someone has paid and need to log into Glinks Validation Links page
- subscriber link is present in validation
- Glinks admin has to manually define the Expiry Date
- Validates selected
- Build changed

With the current process, I can review Payment logs successful and I don't see the subscriber IPN from Paypal.

What do I have to do know to get it back to the old original process of auto validation? I'm using Glinks 3.3.0

Quote Reply
Re: [mcalpin1] PayPal Subscriber Process Change? In reply to
After waiting 24 hours, with IPN enable with Paypal;
- no successful payment was logged in Glinks
- no email was sent to the Glinks admin notifying of a Validation link is waiting for approval.

Sad to say, the Glinks has failed without performing any revisions by the Glinks admin.

Even with Link payment auto-validation: All paid links are automatically validated, the Glinks admin will have to manually approve and enter a Expiry Date for each Paypal subscriber.

Hope one day this will be fixed. I wonder why it worked on every subscriber prior to Feb 6 and now it doesn't.

:( I guess we'll have to pay $150 hour to figure this out.