Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Paid links
Just one quick question. What does user gets when he pays for link?

I know that then link is display first in that category. What about when searching? Does this link also appear first when it's in search results? And what about Cool links? Should link also appear there at the top of list if he is in cool list?

Thanks.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] Paid links In reply to
I've tested situations and I guess paid links don't appear first when searching neither in cool list. Is it possible to manage this and how?

Also, is it possible to make some sort of bid situations? By this I mean, if one user pays for one week in one category and another user pay for one year (or month or two week etc) in the same category for different link, I would like that second link is display above first link (he paid more).

Another thing that maybe would like to do is to separate (ie in search results) paid links from free links.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] Paid links In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
I've tested situations and I guess paid links don't appear first when searching neither in cool list.

Yup, I believe that is the case.

Quote:
Is it possible to manage this and how?

I don't think so - as searches are based on "scoring", and the "cool" section is based on rating - not if someone has paid.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to make some sort of bid situations? By this I mean, if one user pays for one week in one category and another user pay for one year (or month or two week etc) in the same category for different link, I would like that second link is display above first link (he paid more).

Again, I don't think this is possible - as there is no way to work out how much one user has paid, and how much someone else has (well, there is but it would be too slow - and long winded)

Quote:
Another thing that maybe would like to do is to separate (ie in search results) paid links from free links.

I don't think thats possible either :( You can do it per-page with:

Code:
<h2>Paid Links</h2>
<%loop links_results%>
<%if isPaidLink == 1%>
<%include link.html%>
<%else%>
<%endif%>

<h2>Free Links</h2>
<%loop links_results%>
<%if isPaidLink == 0%>
<%include link.html%>
<%else%>
<%endif%>

However, if there is more than one page of results - when they go to the next page, it will still show the paid / free sections - but with the results from that page (if that makes sense :D)

In short, I don't think it will do what you want.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Paid links In reply to
Ok :(

Then my proposal is to include some of this (like paid links are display first on search_result page if they have keywords that user have searched for) modification in new version Unimpressed

UnReal Network