Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Pages open in new window

Quote Reply
Pages open in new window
In the include_menu, I have a couple links I want to open as popups but it seems that Links SQL keep writing out the javascript and ignores the _blank. Is there a way to get this things to open into a popup?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Pages open in new window In reply to
I don't think there is any reason for it to be doing that. Are you sure its not your code? How about using target="_blank" instead of Javascript?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Pages open in new window In reply to
How about target="newwin" for cross browser compatibility. Wink
Quote Reply
I use _blank, upload the file, go to the site and look and the _blank simply isn't there.
Quote Reply
Don't mean to try and sound silly, but your definatly updating the right file? How are you editing the file? Though LSQL Admin, or via FTP and then re-uploading the file?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Usually I do it through the panel but this time (since I was FPTing another site) I just did it that way. So what? Should I update just via the panel?
Quote Reply
Yeah, its worth a try. The file you are editing, is it a default links SQL template, or an extra one you created?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
::groan::

Never mind. my stupid. I'm working on my default/local files but uploaded into into default.

gotta stop working on this late at night...:/
Quote Reply
I've done that before. Thats why I was double checking Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk