Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Page Titles and $category_name$

Quote Reply
Page Titles and $category_name$
Hey alll,

I've got a situation where I'd like LinksSQL to only display the name of a subcategory as the page title. Currently however, my page titles on category.html are called using the $category_name$ variable, which always prints out something like this as the page title:

MainCategory: Subcategory1: Subcategory2: Site Title

When someone is on a subcategory page I'd like it to look like this however:
(Without the top categories showing)

Subcategory 2: Site Title

Has anybody figured out how to do this?, or perhaps created a global for "$subcategory_name$" ?

Quote Reply
Re: [codetrance] Page Titles and $category_name$ In reply to
<%Title%>

?

Otherwise, try doing a <%GT::Template::dump%> tag call, and that will show you all the available tags you have.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Page Titles and $category_name$ In reply to
Nah <%title%> does the same thing, I did that Dump you mentioned however, and it looks like there's a category_short variable I can use.

Thanks for the tip Andy, :)

hows the new spider going?
Quote Reply
Re: [codetrance] Page Titles and $category_name$ In reply to
Glad to hear it :)

>>>hows the new spider going?<<<

I put it out in beta with a couple of people, and quite a few bugs have been found. I'm working on getting them fixed up before I re-do the beta-testing, to be pretty sure there are no major bugs in the plugin.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!