Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Order links by date ascending, descending, etc.

Quote Reply
Order links by date ascending, descending, etc.
It exist someome hack or feature to create options in the templates to order the links by date, by hits, by votes, and alphabetical (all ascending and descending and by pagination) or order by others custom fields similar to this php script?:

http://www.web-ref.net/...te_inser&by=DESC

Check the order icons: star, calendar, bars.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [perico] Order links by date ascending, descending, etc. In reply to
I'm developing a new plugin, which adds new link display functionalities for LinksSQL.
It will be also able to sort-reorder links listed in a category.

Its name is Xtended Link Display plugin (earlier known as Extended link plugin), and you can get more info about features and news about developments in this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rum.cgi?post=205881;

You can get more info about my other plugins under development, clicking the link below:
Webmaster33's under development or planned plugins

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Sep 6, 2002, 4:10 AM
Quote Reply

ok, I found the post: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=186195#186195

The solution is to create some links with the search.cgi.

Example:

Order links of this category by Add Date Descending:

<a href="http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/links/search.cgi?d=1&query=*&catid=33&sb=Add_Date&so=DESC>By Hits DESC</A>

But the problem is that links display "Your search returned 1 categories and 21 Links." And I do not want this.

Other post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...string=order;#205332

The solution is hack the code in Build.pm but I dont know how this affect to the default sort order to the static pages.

With this hack you can create the same sort links explained before but with page.cgi

Someone has tried this solution?

Anothers solutions?
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Order links by date ascending, descending, etc. In reply to
Thank you webmaster33 Smile
Quote Reply
Quote:
The solution is hack the code in Build.pm but I dont know how this affect to the default sort order to the static pages.
I'm sure any hack or plugin using the Build.pm will have affect only on dynamic pages!

It seems, static pages use different queries, so neither my Xtended Link Display plugin, neither the mentioned hack, are not working on static pages.

However, later I plan to add the functionality (if possible) to be able to affect and use the Xtended Link Display plugin on static pages, too.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
You can just pass the field and order along in the URL, there are also sorting options in the admin panel.

>>
But the problem is that links display "Your search returned 1 categories and 21 Links." And I do not want this.
<<

So what do you want?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Order links by date ascending, descending, etc. In reply to
In Reply To:

>>
<<

So what do you want?
Quote Reply
Y want to create links in the templates with the order options for the visitors, for example:

·Click here to order by hits, or click here to order by add date, descending, ascending, etc. etc.·

I want to adding images for each sort order link before the links list, similar to this french php script:

http://www.web-ref.net/...te_inser&by=DESC

Look the page.

When the visitor click in each image (calendar, star, bars) the order list changes, but I want the proccess completely transparent to visitor (without display "your search has returned...). Sorry for my bad explanation.
Quote Reply
ok, the build.pm hack dont work for me.

Quote Reply
webmaster33, you have a online demo of your plugin?
Quote Reply
Nope, at that time, but I placed some small screenshots about ordering looks in that thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rum.cgi?post=205881;

Unfortunately currently I do not have time to create an English demo. It would take some work to do that. I have to do the developments, and also my studies.

I will try to set up a demo, when I will have time to do that, ok?
(at least I will post some screenshots about it, when I can)

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Order links by date ascending, descending, etc. In reply to
The sort options (so= sb=) really dont work with page.cgi?
Quote Reply
Nope. As I know (so, sb) options are not supported in page.cgi.

That's why I created my plugin. And my plugin knows much more than that, and it is very configurable.
You can even rename the URL option names from "so=" to "sortorder=" or from "sb=" to "sortby=", or the other URL options.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Perico asked: "How I can obtain your plugin? Its free?"

I decided to answer publicly.
1) The plugin is not available, yet. It is still under development. Features are already working, but it is not finished. No release date is known at this time.
2) No, the plugin is not free. It will be commercial (paid) plugin. Price is not decided, yet. It will be determined, when it will be finished and released.

For more info about the plugin & features, please read this thread:
=> [PLUGIN] Xtended Link Display plugin development news
and
=> Webmaster33's under development or planned plugins

You can find most answers for your plugin related questions in the threads above.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support