Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Not showing Description

Quote Reply
Not showing Description
 When I try to modify a record and I fill out the "Description" box and then re-build the page, the description is not showing on my site. Meta tags are showing OK, but I just cannot make the description to show. I am using Gossamer Links version 3.2.0. Should I edit the templates? If so, how? Could perhaps somebody help me out with this? Thank you very much!

Andraz

Quote Reply
Re: [Receptor] Not showing Description In reply to
Hi,

Guessing you are talking about the "Description" field for categories?

Where are you excpeting them to show? They only come up in subcategory.html - i.e on the page where the category is listed (not the category page itself)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Not showing Description In reply to
Hey,
yes, the description should come up on subcategory page, but it doesn't. The code I currently have in subcategory.html:

Code:
<dt><a href="<%escape_html URL%>"><%if RelationName%><%RelationName%><%else%><%Name%><%endif%><%if Related%>@<%endif%></a> (<%Number_of_Links%>)<%if Has_New_Links eq 'Yes'%> <span class="new-item"><span>new</span></span><%endif%><%if Has_Changed_Links eq 'Yes'%> <span class="updated-item"><span>updated</span></span><%endif%></dt>
<%if Description%><dd><%Description%></dd><%endif%>
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you send over GLinks admin details, I'll have a look for you. Should work fine with that code. Most likely something very simple Smile (either PM, or email me the logins - don't post here :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
PM sent :)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi,

PM replied to =) Al looks fine as far as I can see - unless I'm not underanding the problem :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Are all the other fields showing up OK?

Are there any <%if%> statements that have not been closed elsewhere on the page?

It is worth copying and saving the content of your template and then reverting to the original to see if the description shows up then... you can replace your template content or re-edit the original.