Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Newsletter subscribers not imported?

Quote Reply
Newsletter subscribers not imported?
The import does not transfer the newsletter subscribers to the new system? As far as I have checked most of the data have been imported correctly but I do not see any of the newsletter's subscribers (0 addresses)

Quote Reply
Re: Newsletter subscribers not imported? In reply to
Read the following Thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ew=collapsed&sb=

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Newsletter subscribers not imported? In reply to
Thanks, I have already read that.
However, the user database assumes some more information about the user. The subsribers db has just name/email combination. Also what about duplicate checking?
Although the user system in Links V.2 is straight forward for starting a directory from scratch, the scenario for moving your users from v.1.11 to v.2.0 is still a little vague. For example, I was using the newsletter feature in 1.11 but not the registered users feature. So after upgrading, all I have is some thousands of users (that have submitted links), they are not validated and no password is assigned to them and additionally my newsletter subscribers are not there (of course some of these users, are also newsletter subscribers as well). So the question is: how to let your users know the change to the system and allow to validate themselves automatically?
I would be expecting some detailed scenarios on this matter from GT.