Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Newsletter Signup Problems

Quote Reply
Newsletter Signup Problems
There seems to be something strange with the email signup (subscribe.cgi). If I enter a [name], [email address] in the form, several times in a row, it will say "You have been successfully subscribed to the list". If I do not enter anything, it acts as if it accepted it. If I select remove [name], [email address] and put in a name and email address I know is NOT in the database..."You have been successfully removed from the list". I never seem to get the "oops!..."

PS. It is ultimately adding email addresses to the database. I can remove them manually from the admin section.

Thanks,

Eddie
http://www-wholesale.com
Quote Reply
Re: Newsletter Signup Problems In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report, I've fixed this in 2.0.3.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I have 2.03 but still this bug.

Where did you fix it?

My subscribe.cgi is dated 01.03.2001

Michael

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

please answer ..

Michael

Quote Reply
Hola!

I'm using version 2.0.3 and I've noticed that if put only the address in subscribe.cgi form I can unsubscribe from the newsletter any of my users stored in the database. It sounds to me a bit dangerous as anybody migth juggle with user's preferences beyond control. I agree that you ought to know the exact email address but it would be safer with a double check...

bye

PS
That's why I hope to see, in the future releases, an enhancement to the user interface... I think that the ability for a user to modify his profile (also for newsletter subscription/usubscription) only by accessing to a "control panel" with the use of ID and PW (and for confirmation with the validation code) would be great...

I've read about pros and cons of this kind of interaction but we may add 3 fields that keep track of: registration date, last modification date, modification number in order to find a troublemaker user analysing the modification frequency...

I love GT products, these are incentive words!

:)

Quote Reply
I am now using 2.03 but still this bug. There does not seem to be any change.

Thanks,

Edddie
http://www-wholesale.com
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Will this be fixed with next release?

Michael