Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Newsitem Template

Quote Reply
Newsitem Template
I am curious about a few things to do with the Newsitem Template ( box below the Message textarea when editing the Newsletter Template).

I notice it creates a loop of recent additions to the database.

I am generating HTML newsletters and am wondering the following:
  • How can I close the the html statements after the list of additions? - </body></html> etc. I presently close these in the message box, but of course the newsitems follow the end of this part, so closing the html here is not really correct.
  • How can I limit the number of items the user is presented?... example I get 300 new listings today, 100 the next and so on... the Newsletter grows mighty big, but I still love the way it generates the new items automatically, and dont want to remove this and do it manually.
  • Can I load the newsletter template into the mass mailings so that I can send it only to select users?

I hope these questions are not too rediculous.... I am curious as to what others are doing with newsletters, and how they have customized this great feature that LSQL has Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Newsitem Template In reply to
In Reply To:
I am curious about a few things to do with the Newsitem Template ( box below the Message textarea when editing the Newsletter Template).

I notice it creates a loop of recent additions to the database.

I am generating HTML newsletters and am wondering the following:
  • How can I close the the html statements after the list of additions? - </body></html> etc. I presently close these in the message box, but of course the newsitems follow the end of this part, so closing the html here is not really correct.
  • How can I limit the number of items the user is presented?... example I get 300 new listings today, 100 the next and so on... the Newsletter grows mighty big, but I still love the way it generates the new items automatically, and dont want to remove this and do it manually.
  • Can I load the newsletter template into the mass mailings so that I can send it only to select users?

I hope these questions are not too rediculous.... I am curious as to what others are doing with newsletters, and how they have customized this great feature that LSQL has Smile
Anyone??