Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Newbie question

Quote Reply
Newbie question
Hi all.

Im new to all this so please forgive is I say something stupid. Anyway, I've just setup the links directory but I keep getting an error when trying to view the dynamic page. I will come back to this later but for now I have a question. When I ran debug, in the info that followed I noticed something odd. Please bear with me. Look at the following part of the info... ive changed the name of the website listed for obvious reasons...

CGI Cookies
======================================
__utma => 206942597.1899715071.1163431469.1164577918.1164582689.35
__utmz=206942597.1164047600.19.2.utmccn=(referral)|utmcsr=blahblahblah.com|utmcct=/forum/showthread.php|utmcmd => referral
dbx-pagemeta=grabit=0-,1-,2-,3-,4-,5-,6-&advancedstuff => 0-
dbx-postmeta=grabit => 0-,1-,2-,3-,4-,5-,6-
s => dc98123dffc40ad6c3b30be28d16d272

Now my question is this. If that represents cgi cookies for my site why is the website listed in that a different website? Why would another website have a cookie on my site?

Going back to my initial setup... when i click browse all I get is a blank page. Is this correct? Any kind of help would be appreciated. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [syntax83] Newbie question In reply to
Well im even feeling a bit more Doh as i just purchased Gossamer Links and have no idea how to install it any and all help would rock Blush

Last edited by:

twiceshy: Nov 29, 2006, 1:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [syntax83] Newbie question In reply to
Those are all the cookies that your browser submits with the request, and it will submit all cookies that are created from the same domain (it's a little more complicated than that, but it will do).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [twiceshy] Newbie question In reply to
Remember that the initial installation is included with the purchase of the program, so we can install it for you. There also should be instructions on how to install it in the manual, which you can download from the download area (the same place where you downloaded glinks).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Newbie question In reply to
well i have it installed and working but i am lost on how to password protect my admin area any and all help would be great thanx
Quote Reply
Re: [twiceshy] Newbie question In reply to
Hi,

If your using Apache Server you can set-up your Admin Password from your Admin Panel.

Go to Setup, you will see it !