Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

New user - questions.

Quote Reply
New user - questions.
Well it seems like links sql is getting there with a beta soon, so now i feel it is ok to ask questions. I am someone considering buying the product to start from fresh, ie not using links 2.0 although i have done in the past for a different site.

What i am wondering is what are you going to do about demo/test to see how it works. It is of course so fundamentally different now from 2.0 that we can not use that to refer.

I am especially intrested in the editor idea, and this is the reason i want to buy it. How close to dmoz.com does it actually come in features and usability?

I know you are busy but just perhaps an explanation about what you plan to do about demoing it so we can see what we are going to get before shelling out :)

Thanks

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
Re: New user - questions. In reply to
In Reply To:
What i am wondering is what are you going to do about demo/test to see how it works.
I believe Gossamer Threads will have an online demo to at least allow you to test some of the user features, yet there will not be a test script that you can play with before you buy.

In Reply To:
I am especially intrested in the editor idea, and this is the reason i want to buy it. How close to dmoz.com does it actually come in features and usability?
Pretty close...at least what I've seen in the ALPHA releases.

In Reply To:
I know you are busy but just perhaps an explanation about what you plan to do about demoing it so we can see what we are going to get before shelling out :)
May be Alex can expand on this, but I am afraid that you won't be able to "try before you buy".

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi!

We do plan to put a full demo online, however since things are changing so rapidly it gets difficult to keep up (as we have to disable a lot of functionality to the demo).

The editor section is _greatly_ improved. You can now give users editor rights to one or more section of the tree, and with that they can add/mod/del/copy/move/validate links and add/mod/del/move categories as well as add sub editors. You can give each editor permission on what they can or can not do.

I hope to have a demo up within two weeks. If you'd like a walk through on the phone, we can set one up for you locally here.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Well with those abilities then I am happy, that is exactly what I need, i think you have a new customer :)

Thanks for the offer, your support here just amazes me and is one of the main reasons i am so prepared to buy this (relativly expensive!) script. I am happy to wait for the demo but may just buy it before then.

My next issue will be to see how much integration i can get with vbulletin (sorry but it beats wwwthreads and day of the week) but i am sure that will be possible.

Thanks Alex and Anthoro, off to find my credit card :)

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal